Thursday, November 26, 2009

seattle doesnt have diets.

im on vacation.

if i want to get anywhere with my healthy eating i need to learn willpower and good thinking slash decisions.

i arrived in Seattle for my vacation Tuesday evening.

i proceeded to then go to Po Dog, an amazing yet diet killing hot dog dive.
i LOVEd the veggie dog i had.
then came the worst: the frozen custard banana split i shared with A.

today came dry cereal for breakfast, some jelly beans as a snack, and then dinner at a mexican restaurant, i opted for chicken fajitas and my hosts proactively ordered me a 40 oz margarita. holy crepes. i didnt finish it before i was spent.
i had some frozen yogurt blend ice cream for dessert and then we went for a bucket o' rum!
no joke. the Rock restaurant has small kids buckets they fill with a fruity mix of rum and juice.

meh.
tomorrow is thanksgiving.
im not going to beat myself up for bad choices. this is my vacation. i certainly am not going to lose, and will probably gain a little back (there IS a LOT of walking in Seattle though).
but you know what? im thankful for life, for all that i have, even every pound that means i live in a country where i dont worry about my next meal.

my hope is we all take time to go buy food these holidays for one of the families affected by hunger in this beautiful country.
1 in 8 people.

tomorrow i wont gorge on thanksgiving foods. some turkey, potatoes (without butter or any sour cream) and some water and maybe waterfate salad.

we'll see.


i love my life. and im thankful.

but dammit i want that size 12 : ]

No comments:

Post a Comment