Thursday, July 18, 2013

changing my mind and not just my body.

i have a lot to work on. 
not just the concept of changing my body, but also my mind. largely, the mind is getting worked on every day because of The Wall. Hitting it and going past it really helped. 
but here i am, 12 days in, and i have to take a day off because of my foot. I must have overextended it or something during a tall incline or to my run yesterday when i ran my first timed mile (normally i dont care about timing that much). 
but i KNOW i need a break. and because I have this complex that says that if im not doing cardio, its not progress, i feel like i need to be raising my heart rate at all times. I NEED to get past it. 

days off are okay. 


just because i take ONE DAY off to let my body recover, does not mean ill undo any progress or fall off the wagon. i need rest. 

I havent been the best mother today due to lack of sleep, and while the alone time to recover and get my patience back might be helpful, i think that working out and not getting enough sleep has hurt me in my mental clarity and effectveness. time for a break, but it wont defeat me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment