Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Discouraged?


Im not weighing in. (not for lack of temptation!)
Im not measuring (not for lack of trying; i just cant find my tape!)
Im trying to see just fitness goals and how my fitness is evolving.

In 15 working out days (of the last 17 days) Ive been able to bring my mile time from around a 15 minute mile (probably just prior laziness) to a 12:17 mile.
I can run a little, jog a little, and finish 3.1 miles (a 5k for all you who are wondering) in under 45 minutes.

So why am i discouraged?

While trying to avoid seeing something negative and just focus on how my body is behaving, I have accidently found a bump. I needed to run anerrand today and i reached for the nearest pair of jeans. Now its been warm here, so I havent worn jeans in about 30 days. I have worn tights or dresses or skirts or shorts, no jeans. so I expected them to fit the same, maybe even a little looser, right?

WRONG.

they felt tight with my very own very familiar muffin top.

i immediately felt discouraged. they were so uncomfortable I had to take them off and find another outfit to wearand its been on my mind all day. My fingers feel swollen and my legs too. They feel stretched and uncomfortable.

I KNOW i need to keep at it.
thanks for my Accountability Partner Adam (even long distance friends can help weight loss!) he sent me this: http://blog.shareitfitness.com/2013/how-long-to-see-results-and-weight-loss/
and I feel a bit better. so much so that even though I was ANGRY at Gym. I stillwent and did some good cardio before coming home. I didnt do even a full 60 today, but I figure, i came, i went, i saw, i mini conquered, and i will defeat this defeat.

its only been 17 days.

theres plenty of time to see the new body emerge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment