Friday, January 29, 2010

mommy therapy.

as the weeks go on, it gets more taxing. work that is.

thinking of the stress that goes on there, and how the most precious little boy is at home...makes me forget sometimes why i choose to be there instead of here. this week in particular. its been SO hard to not just walk away from it.
i love the idea of my job, but lately the actual job itself has become so hard mentally.

i desperately wanted to take saturday off with Beau to have a date day, all day. but alas, there isnt the option of a day off for another week.

sigh.

so the initial idea is that i would just relax ALL DAY, save for judes shot appt at 11:15...or so i thought.
i woke at 1000 and jude and cuddled for awhile...however, i was wrong. my appt was at 1030..argh. had to reschedule...thats all right. we'll play hooky from vaccinations and just relax for today...wrong again.

i got the hair up my butt to tidy up...a small amount. im not a clean person by any means, but i wiped down the counters, threw a load in the washer and decided we needed some supplies and i think ill go to the store. running "mommy" errands makes me feel so good inside. and it bring meaning to my job.
that job enables me to be a good mommy financially. lets face it...its a job that is hard on every single level, and the company knows it, thats why they pay 5$ above minimum wage to people without a college education.

im paid well for my time, and the good news is they cover quite a lot of counseling sessions through insurance too. the job pretty much drives me into therapy :] thats a fib, it drives me to mommy therapy.

im going to cuddle a bit with my boy, we are watching a basketball episode of sesame street (i think its funny how you can seriously get annoyed by elmo...until you have a kid who loves him...and then you love him and all his muppety monster friends).

so sesame street and cuddles, then maybe a trip to winco for some veggies we need; maybe ill crockpot a dinner for tonight.
then to the dollar store because i love it, (:]) grab some other necessities from target, hit up a thrift store or something, come back from our day and put jude down for a nap : ] or maybe we'll go feed the ducks. :]

i love being a mother.

ernie is on....im going to watch that cute chubby little bugger entertain my baby boy.


mommy therapy is MUCH cheaper and MUCH more satisfying than a real therapist : ] besides, its acceptable for me to cuddle with jude, not so much with a counselor :

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like my afternoon, and yes love I completely understand the dilemma you face day in and day out. We both do the best for our littles and I think we should pat each other on the back. Hooray for Saturday when I see you :)

    ReplyDelete